…About writing 🙂
(Sorry for the ear bug, but you gotta love Julie Andrews)
I’ve been finally getting back into the swing of things with my writing, and it feels oh so good. So I thought I’d share my top 5 favorite things about writing fiction:
1. You get to create an entire universe if you want to. Or just a minute in the life of an ant 🙂
2. The characters somehow become real. At least to you. This may or may not be bad, depending on if your family sends you to an institution.
3. Your stories, ideas, all those things rambling and dancing in your head are now out there for the world to see.
4. You feel as if you’ve done something important, even if it’s just a few sentences.
5. You have a sacred power. One that can affect lives, beliefs, whole societies (admit it, sometimes you think of Nineteen Eighty-Four when weird governmental stuff happens)
So that’s my list. I noticed that mine focuses on some form of power trip or widespread fame. That’s kinda bad, isn’t it?
What are your top five favorite things about writing? Or reading? Or whatever you do that makes you all hot and heavy in a non-raunchy way? Or raunchy. I’m not one to judge.